Booking.com Rewards Program Terms & Conditions
These “Terms” control and define the initiatives whereby Booking.com (the “Platform”) rewards Users for different types of interactions with the Platform.
- “User” or “Guest” means a visitor of the Platform or a customer or guest of an Accommodation.
- Two Users are considered different as identified based on their email address, Guest account information, or other similar unique identifier. This is done at Booking.com’s sole discretion.
- “Accommodation” or “Property” or “Partner” means an individual or a legal entity which holds an Accommodation Agreement (the “Agreement”) with the Booking.com Platform, according to the relevant General Delivery Terms (the “GDTs”). This is a User that directly controls an Accommodation listing on the platform.
- “Participant” means a User who has received, and started using, an Incentive in any form. The Participant joins the Rewards & Incentives Program as soon as they interact with (i.e., click to enter into their browser) an Incentive—they do not have to have completed the action required (e.g., book a Property, download the Booking.com app, etc.). By engaging with the program and/or applying for a Reward, Participants become members of the incentives program. In case of a dispute, Booking.com has the right to unequivocally determine whether or not this is the case.
- When the action required of the User is booking an Accommodation, in order for the booking to be considered an eligible incentive booking (“Eligible Reservation”), and therefore potentially qualify for a Reward, it must be finalized and identified in the system as coming from the appropriate Incentive.
- “Incentive” means the offer or promotion received via promotional material from the Booking.com website, a Booking.com email, Booking.com direct mail, in the Booking.com app, any other Booking.com correspondence, or via authorized third-party media.
- “Reward” identifies the benefit that the User is promised and receives upon completing an action as stated in the promotional material, and if the eligibility criteria are met.
- Booking.com is at all times entitled to cease and/or suspend its obligations in these Terms until it has been able to identify and verify (screen) the relevant Participant, or in the event of (alleged) fraudulent activities by either Participant, or any other misuse of the program.
- Booking.com also reserves the right to cease and/or suspend its obligations in these Terms if either Booking.com or the Participant is not able to establish proof of eligibility for the program.
- Any Reward already received by the Participant shall be repaid and returned upon first request of Booking.com, upon the occurrence of any event set out in either section 3.b and/or 3.c.
- The Participant will be responsible and liable for payment, withholding, and remittance, and the reporting of any taxes, levies, imports, duties, charges, fees, and withholdings, that may arise from participation in the program (including corporate/individual income tax, VAT, sales taxes, and such other applicable national, governmental, provincial, state, municipal or local taxes or levies, and associated late payment interests and penalties imposed by any authority for failure to pay, withhold and report).
- The Participant is fully responsible and liable for keeping their promotional offers private and secure. If an offer is used by a third-party, Booking.com has no control or responsibility.
- Booking.com reserves the right to (wholly or partly) withhold, reject, amend, suspend, revoke or cancel, or deny benefit or use of the program (including the eligibility criteria) at any time and for any reason (without prior notice).
- A compensation might be provided to the Participant according to the relevant promotional material and these Terms (the “Reward”).
- If a Reward is provided, the Participant has no right to choose which actual Reward type will be applicable for them, as this is determined at Booking.com's sole discretion according to the terms of the particular campaign.
- A Reward is accrued when Booking.com has confirmed that the conditions for the Reward to be given out are met. These conditions may change depending on the promotion/campaign and will be stated in the communication to the User. Specific campaigns may have additional eligibility criteria and/or Terms and Conditions that complement these Terms.
- Rewards from overlapping promotional campaigns are not cumulative unless stated otherwise in the promotional material.
- Only one promotion applies for each individual Participant (or reservation).
- Unless stated otherwise, Participants are not entitled to any cash or wire transfer of the relevant funds.
- The selected Reward payment method cannot be changed by the User at any time while the Reward is processing. However, Booking.com reserves the right to change the Reward payment method in case of technical issues.
- An Incentive Reward not redeemed within 12 months after it is communicated as “processing” by Booking.com will automatically expire.
In order to take part in the Incentive program and potentially be eligible for the relevant Reward, the following requirements must be met by each Participant:
- The Participant is not an employee of Booking.com (or any other affiliated group company within Booking Holdings Inc.),
- The Participant shall not enter into any contract or commitment with third parties as agent for or on behalf of Booking.com,
- The Participant shall not describe or present themselves as such an agent or in any way hold themselves out as being such an agent of Booking.com,
- The Participant shall not sell their promotion, or Incentive, or Reward to other parties, or use them in any other way than intended in accordance with these Terms or the special terms of the promotion/Incentive/Reward,
- The Participant shall not act on behalf of or represent Booking.com in any manner, or for any purpose,
- The Participant is an adult (at least 18 years old),
- The Participant is acting in their own personal and private capacity—unless explicitly agreed otherwise, but never in a governmental capacity/position,
Specific Incentive campaigns and promotions might have specific eligibility criteria that will be communicated in the promotion material (e.g., emails to User)—including but not limited to:
- Incentives can only be used by a specific account, i.e., they are connected with a specific email ID
- Unless stated otherwise, an Incentive in any form (promotional codes, links, and more) may be used only once.
- Partner Offer bookings won't be considered eligible for any Reward,
- Incentives in any form (links, promotional codes, etc.) cannot be applied retroactively. If a promotional code needs to be entered upon booking in order to receive a Reward, there will be no possibility to apply the promotional code to a booking that has already been completed.
Incentive availability and conditions
- Booking.com reserves the right to limit the validity of all Incentives issued as part of this program at any time and for any reason,
- Booking.com reserves the right to determine the audience for each Incentive and Reward campaign,
Specific Incentive campaigns and promotions might have specific conditions that will be communicated in the promotion material (e.g., emails to User)—including but not limited to:
- Time-sensitive restrictions, i.e., offers with an expiration date,
- Platform restrictions, i.e., a promotional code can only be used in the Booking.com app,
- Property restrictions, i.e., an Incentive can only be applied to a specific Property or a range of select properties,
- Minimum spend: The User must make a booking of a set minimum value to receive a Reward,
- Maximum Reward value in the case of both monetary and non-monetary Rewards.
Reward types and how they work
Credit card or Wallet cashback
In case the promotional offer involves a cashback Reward, the Participant will be compensated as follows:
- The Participant must hold a valid Guest User Account on Booking.com, and if the Reward will be paid out to a credit card, the Participant must have up-to-date valid credit card information attached. Currently, Booking.com does not support American Express as a valid credit card. If the Reward will be paid to the Wallet, attaching credit card information to the account is not required.
- Upon being awarded the Reward, according to these Terms, the Participant will receive the cashback on their valid credit card or in their Booking.com Wallet.
- The cashback Reward will be processed directly onto the Participant’s registered credit card or into their Booking.com Wallet.
Wallet credit Rewards
A Reward can be delivered to the User in the form of credit that is deposited into the User’s Wallet. Credit can be spent on the Platform and can only be used on select properties. Credit Terms and Conditions apply.
When Rewards are not in the form of a monetary benefit, specific conditions may apply, e.g., delivery times for physical goods and other limitations. In these cases, all additional conditions will be stated in the promotional material communicated to the User (e.g., emails, on-site banners, and more).
Additional conditions for reservation Rewards
When the action required to receive the Reward is booking an Accommodation, the following conditions also apply:
- The Participant’s stay, as a part of their Eligible Reservation, must be confirmed by the booked Accommodation(s) to Booking.com,
- The Reward amount is calculated based on the price, in bold, displayed on the final step of the booking process,
- The Reward is issued in the Property currency,
- If the Reward is promised to be a fixed amount (i.e., €10 instead of 15% of a reservation), it will be issued in the stated currency, and any conversion adjustments are locked at the moment of booking,
- When the Reward is issued in credits and the Participant’s Wallet is set up in a different currency than the Reward currency, the currency exchange rate at the checkout date will be applied,
- The Participant will receive a cashback or credit Reward for the stated amount after their successfully completed stay, up to a maximum value of EUR1000 [one thousand Euros] (or local currency equivalent) per year, when they have been successfully awarded the Reward as per these Terms. For tax reasons, different maximum value limits might apply for different territories,
- The eligible reservation must be booked through the Booking.com Platform using the same Guest User Account as the account that has received the Reward. The Reward is not transferrable to another Guest User account,
- When the Reward is given to the Participant at the time of booking as an instant discount, the Reward value is deducted from the total price of the reservation, and the Participant pays the balance at the time of booking,
- When an Eligible Reservation that has been made with an Incentive is cancelled, the Incentive is still considered “used” and won’t be available again,
- If the Incentive link is used on a non-refundable reservation, or if the Eligible Reservation is canceled outside of the free-cancellation terms as above, then the cashback is considered performed, and the Incentive expires regardless of whether the Participant actually stayed at the booked Property. Booking.com considers its Reward obligation fulfilled,
- If the Participant does not finalize their reservation under the conditions of the Booking.com Incentives program campaign they are participating in, they will be removed from the program.
Anti bribery statement
By sharing the Incentive, creating an Eligible Reservation, and in order to be eligible for the Reward, each Participant agrees and accepts the following anti-bribery terms: You are not a government official. “Government officials” include any government employee; candidate for public office; and any employee of (wholly or partly) government-owned or government-controlled companies, public international organizations, and political parties (including any official or representative thereof). Government officials are not eligible. You shall immediately inform us if you are a government official.
- The original English version of these Terms may have been translated into other languages. The translated version of these Terms is a courtesy and office translation only, and the Participants cannot derive any rights from the translated version. In the event of a dispute about the contents or interpretation of these terms and conditions of these Terms or in the event of a conflict, ambiguity, inconsistency, or discrepancy between the English version and any other language version of these Terms, the English language version shall apply and prevail and be conclusive and binding. The English version shall be used in legal proceedings. If any provision of these Terms is or becomes invalid, unenforceable, or non-binding, you shall remain bound by all other provisions hereof. In such event, such invalid provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and each participant will at least agree to accept a similar effect as the invalid, unenforceable or non-binding provision, given the contents and purpose of these Terms.
- Booking.com processes any personal data as part of the Incentives program in accordance with the Booking.com privacy statement here.
- These Terms are governed by Dutch law. Any dispute arising from or in connection with these Terms shall be exclusively governed by and subject to Dutch law. The Program (including the Terms) are offered by Booking.com B.V. (a private limited liability company), incorporated under the laws of the Netherlands and having its registered office at Herengracht 597, 1017 CE, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- In the event of (alleged) fraud or misuse, Booking.com is entitled to immediately suspend and/or withhold payments and/or terminate and/or suspend the Agreement with the relevant involved Partner.
To contact us, please visit this page.
The Terms may be amended from time to time, without prior notification. Please regularly check these terms for any updates or adjustments.